Letters to my darlings:

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch & Baby Bente Update

Pumpkin Patch-
Well I have to admit the pumpkin patch did not go so smooth this year. We decided to go in the late afternoon. 1st pick Dewberry Farms, so we pull in around 4ish, we all went, hmmm there is alittle bit of a line. Then we turned the corner AND SAW THE LINE, I am not kidding, a good 100+ people waiting to get in, that is not including the ones already in. Well I am not much for lines, so we decided to pass on that and head over to the Oil Ranch. So we get there around 4:50ish, and we are excited that they do not look too busy. Um, that was because they close at 5!! Arggggg!!! So, at this point I am a bit disappointed, my emotions must be getting back in check, because I did not cry. We started to drive aimlessly around, just trying to find a place with pumpkins for all we cared. We ended up at Spring Creek Growers, it was okay, lots of pumpkins and some stuff for the kiddos to do. Not what I had in mind, but we got some great pumpkins!!!! Here are some pictures. The family pics are not so great, because frankly at that point everyone is tired and hungry!

Yay! We finally get to see some pumpkins!

The kid NEVER looks at the camera:

Henry & Ava

John Deere Tricycle Races:

Family Pic: Remeber tired & hungry!


Baby Bente Update-
We had our 12 week sonogram, everything looks good so far, as long as the bloodwork comes back okay. The baby has grown so much and developed in 3 weeks. I was really surprised. We were able to see both hemispheres of the brain, "her" little nose and lips. Looks like "she" might be a thumb sucker, because she did that most of the time. "She" flip flopped back and forth like crazy, even at one time looked like she was sprawled out with her feet crossed; hopefully this is a good sign that she will not be as high strung as her brother!!! Here are some of today's pictures!! I will try to explain them!!

This is the one just lounging and sucking "her" thumb!

Thisone is cool, "she" is laying there with one leg crossed over the other and her foot is dangling, you can see the pad of the little foot in the air!

If you look really close you can see "her" little nose and lips. So, cute!

Just the hand waving Hi!!!


That is it for now, we will be carving the pumpkins soon!! Hope everyone is doing well. XOXO

5 comments:

SK said...

So you are having a girl huh? Awesome! Girls are so sweet and much fun. Sorry to hear your pumpkin patch search didn't go so well.

jeanna said...

You can keep calling her a her until you hear the news! I am still thinking girl for you! The pumpkin picks are cute.

Courtney said...

You're funny about declaring a girl for yourself! :) I hope she is a girl, but if "she" is a boy, I'll still be happy for you! Glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't worry--the tears will come back after she's born. Those first six weeks of Kaitlin's birth, I was a mess and cried every day. Just ask Bri--or I'm sure she's already told you! I cried when she teased me at church and then after that everyone treated me VERY CAREFULLY until Kaitlin was 8 weeks old and I told them to knock it off b/c I could handle normal stress now! :)

Courtney said...

SO SORRY...but I tagged you! Check my blog for details! :)

Anonymous said...

awe, how cute! I can't wait to hear if "she" is a "her".. ha!