I normally don't do this, but I got this recipe off of Kraft.com and I thought it was so good. It was easy to make, Henry ate it very well (which is always a challenge), and it was a good leftover food as well. Hope you try and like it, we did!!
Irish Beef Stew:
What You Need:
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 - 2 lbs. beef stew meat (I cut these even smaller for Henry)
2 Tbsp. flour
1 large onion, coarsley chopped
1 Can (14 1/2 oz.) beef broth
1 Can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 env. of Lipton soup mix Garlic and Herb
3 medium potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 pieces (I used baby carrots and cut the in half)
3 cups hot cooked noodles (You can use any variety, whatever is fun for the kids!)
How To Make It:
HEAT oil in 5-quart sauce pan on medium-high. Coat meat with flour (I added steak seasoning to the flour). Add to saucepot with onion; cook and stir until brown. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and soup mix. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
ADD potatoes and carrots; cover and simmer an additional 30 minutes. Remove cover and simmer for 15 more minutes or until meat and veggies are tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
SERVE over noodles. I sprinkled some cheese on top for Henry, I thought some sour cream would be good on top as well, but that could be the pregnant woman in me!! ;) It was even better for lunch the second day!!!
Good enough that I thought I would share, not a 30 minute meal, but it simmers enought that you can get other stuff done while it is cooking.
Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day!!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment