Letters to my darlings:

Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School 2012

9:00 pm: Tears rolling down those chubby cheeks, sniffles coming from that cute button nose, and the "but I am so nervous about school tomorrow" whispering from that toothless mouth. This was our night last night with Henry.
7:45 am:  From what John told me, it was not any better this morning. John told me it makes his morning rough when he has to leave his boys in tears.
3:45 pm: That toothless grin, that tired look in his eyes, and music to a Momma's ears, "I had a great day!" "It wasn't as bad as I thought! Love it! Turns out he knows some of the other kids and he says his Math/Science teacher is really nice, he is still skeptical of the Reading/Writing teacher. I really hope that makes a turn for the better.
All in all I think with its road bumps, the first day of school was a success.

Jayce started his new school last week and let me tell you, it was chaotic, he would cry, John would put his shoes and socks on and Jayce would rip them off. I would pick up Jayce with tears and red rims around his eyes. He would melt down when I picked him up and he would  want to take every single item he brought with him home; I believe, in hopes that he would not have to return. By Thursday of last week he was settling down in the morning, but the afternoons were full of cranky whines and fits. This morning, there were no tears, just a little frown, this afternoon there was some pep in his walk and he told me he was leaving his backpack and blanket! Of course we had to bring his pillow pet home, but I would say major progress. He talked about what they learned and what he ate and his new friends.  Two for two I think I can safely say. Operation daycare a success.

I knew this was for the best, all these changes, I am not saying it is going to be easy every time, but I believe we will all benefit from this!!! Now, the pictures!!!

JAYCE'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

 Brother is trying to make it better!

HENRY'S FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

 Lil' Bro waiting patiently while we take pictures!
 The new shoe crew!!
 We visited Nan & Pa a few weeks ago, I love this picture of Nanny & Jayce!
I know, I need to be better about this blog. To tell the truth, I haven't really been taking out the camera lately. That is one of the things I really enjoy and I am making an effort to pick up the camera a few times a week.

Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: