Letters to my darlings:

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My Weekly Update!!!

I figure you like short little updates, rather than me waiting and having a gazillion pictures later, right?? ;0) Do you like the new look?? I spent way too many hours, but that mentality of Everything-has-to-be-perfect took over.

A silly family picture, we took about five and everyone was totally different! This one makes me laugh!!

After the play on Friday, we waited for Daddy to get home and Henry wanted to go bowling!! So that is what we did. Henry had a blast and I have to add I bowled John into shame! Ha!

This is Henry doing the victory dance after he knocked over some pins!

Henry and Daddy going for the strike!

After bowling pic, we can never get a break!!


On Monday, I took Henry to the library (first trip), I have to admit I was worried, we all know Henry is loud and energetic. I explained to him before we got there that the library is a place where we sit and read quietly, that we couldn't run around and yell, but that he would have so much fun. WOW! Was I surprised, we spent an hour there, he would pick a book, ask me to read it, then he would point out some detail, and then he would go and pick another book!! We ended up checking 3 of them out and he asks to look through them every night, I was beginning to worry, he didn't like reading. Thank goodness some of my genes are seeping through!! ;)


Finally, we went to The Woodlands Mall, they have Xploration Station (HMNS Branch) downstairs below the Children's Museum, I thought it would be interesting. They had a Frog Exhibit, which Henry loved, but the rest was a little old for him and the dinosaur fossil bones scared him. I think ages 5 and up would have fun!!

We rode the carousel on the way to the museum, he picked the tiger!!

:( So, sad how we was scared of the dinosaurs, he loves them, but I think seeing how massive they are, he was a bit timid!


Grammie helped by standing with him so I could get at least one good pic! Ha! Really though he liked the frogs so much that I forgot to take picture of him looking at the frogs!! Geez! Leave it to me!

Alright, you are off the hook now! Until next time at least!!! XOXOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun summer! I'm glad he enjoyed the library.. I know it can be stressful if you go the wrong time of day..like close to nap time. ha! Walter loves digging for dinasour bones at the mall. We have a pass to the museum at the mall and it's great. It hardly gets crowded and wide open spaces!

Oh, I got Abbey's birthday plate at the mudpie company. It's one of those make your own pottery places. She had her 3rd birthday party there and they made it for her. If you go to a local one, they sometimes will help you make one or you can pay them to make it for you. The one we go to also has a storytime. They read a book and then they paint something to go along with the story. It's fun and different.