Letters to my darlings:

Monday, September 22, 2008

We survived Hurricane Ike!!!!

1. WE HAVE POWER!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO I never imagine being without power being so challenging. It came at a good time, I was really feeling down about not having electricity. We went to my mom's for a warm shower and then to dinner. When we got home and realized that we did have power, I literally burst into tears. I know a little dramatic, but geez, it was miserable without power. I feel for anyone who still does not have power and pray they will have electricity soon. I figured I would give a little peek of what we saw around our house.

Friday evening, before IKE...

The wind was picking up...

We boarded up and bunkered down...

The calm before the storm...


Saturday, The morning of Hurrican Ike...
Mainly a lot of trees down.

Our road...

Our backyard fence...

Our other fence.

Cleaning up: We had a bonfire for the debree of Ike!

We roasted marshmallows...

Hung out with good friends...

And just tried to make the best of our week and 2 days without power...
**If you want to hear the video, just push the pause button on the playlist!

A glimpse of Ike (though it gives the wind and rain NO justice)


Have a nice week!!
XOXO

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Hey girl! Glad you have power back! What a crazy couple of weeks, but at least MISD was closed down. Hang in there and take care of yourself!!

Bri Kutter said...

So excited about lunch... just like old times :) Let's buy some earrings while we are out!

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

I am so sorry you all were hit. Thankfully we only got a bit or rain and wind.

FYI you have a Beautiful Family.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have power now. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was a little cooler! What a bummer on the fence! But, I'm glad everyone is safe. It looks like you made the best of it!