Oh, how I am counting down the days,
When I am able to finally enjoy the sun's rays.
I cannot wait for summer to get here,
I might even shed a tear.
I cannot wait until I don't have to wake at the crack of dawn,
And fight that terrible yawn.
I am so ready to enjoy the boys,
playing outside with their toys.
Oh, how I love summer days,
When I can enjoy the sun's rays.
{An A.J. Bente Original}
Can you tell I am oh so ready for Summer Vaca!
I know, I was completely
PHOTOS...
This is what happens when we let Grammy babysit. The positive, he has a book!! Woohoo, scoreboard Mommy the English Teacher. :)
My darling boys.
Jayce's new favorite thing to do is sit on the couch! (by himself...)
Henry staying true to his goofy self.
Again with sitting on the couch. (It is the cutest thing!)
Go Coogs!! (Look @ all those teeth!)
He is so stinkin' cute!!
On a Henry note, we were struggling at Saturday Karate classes, the class was focusing on the younger kids who are not in school. Of course, they struggled with just paying attention and standing still. The kids who are in school can do this, but they are getting neglected which is resulting in boredom. Me, being the teacher, quickly became frustrated. Of course I said something. ;) What my discussion resulted in was Henry trying out the kids class on Mondays and Wednesdays. We went and watched the first class, since Henry is shy and I knew he would have a melt down, thus making me look like a pushy mom. Which in all reality, I am not, I just know what he needs. That gave Henry the confidence to try the new class. The difference. Saturday's Tot class consist of about 8 kids, all white belts or white with a yellow stripe. Ages ranging from 4-5. Versus about 20 kids, white with yellow stripe through blue belt. Big group instruction and then small group. I have to say, I am extremely proud of our Henry. He approached it with a very mature, positive attitude and he did so well this week. I am hoping we can give it a try one more week, before we commit, just to make sure. I have seen an increase in confidence, just from this week alone. All he can talk about is karate. I have no idea what I have got myself into to, it is not going to be easy. Most of the mom's are stay-at-homes and I have been working all day and have to rush to pick up the boys, change Henry, get some food in him and then make it to class by 5:15. It is all worth it though to see Henry enjoy something, that I feel is going to really benefit him in the future.
Practicing his punches.
Practicing his side kick, hit hand move. ( I don't know the technical term, I am just a spectator!)
Please keep Henry in your thoughts tomorrow 5/14, he is belt testing for his blue stripe. He is very excited and has been practicing hard. I will let you know how it goes.
Okay, it is way past my bedtime and I am surprised I am coherent after the day week I have had! I hope everyone has a spectacular weekend and I will be writing soon.
OH, I almost forgot, quick funny story that can put a smile on your face!!
So, we have been antiquing on the weekend. Henry has become fascinated with collecting old marbles. I am shocked at some of the prices people ask for marbles, especially the shooters. Anyhow, it is a great lesson, because it is teaching him to shop around for the best deal. One jar of marbles may be $20 and then several booths later, we find the equivalent for $12. Okay back to my point, we were looking around on Sunday and Henry and mom were waiting for John and I to finish at another booth. There was a seller there on his cellphone and this is what unfolded:
Seller: Hello? What? Who are you looking for Luke or Jacob?
Henry: NO, I am looking for marbles!
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Classic and true to Henry, I love it.
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment