Letters to my darlings:

Thursday, April 29, 2010

HaPpY bIrThDaY jAyCe!!

Oh my, Jayce is one. He is off and going too. He is walking everywhere, eating everything, and playing with word sounds. He sits in the car seat and repeats over and over: momma, dadda and bubba. It was a great feeling yesterday afternoon when we were heading into town and Jayce kept saying momma, John would say dadda, and Jayce would laugh and say momma!! Love it!! Henry used to do that same game but in reverse. I have my momma's boy!! ;) He said cookie the other day, but he must have been mocking me, because he has not said it since. He says hi and what, as well. He is smitten with Henry and loves to play in his room and seems to have one eye on Henry at all times, the other one is making sure I don't leave the room. Here is some pictures of Jayce's first year. *sniff*

How we told family!!
Jayce @ 10 Weeks...
Me on April 29th a year ago!!

I have to admit being pregnant the 2nd time was tough, Jayce was a lot bigger than Henry and I was sooo uncomfortable. I was constantly being asked if I was having twins, and I was finished with that question. I went off on a convenience store clerk for asking me. Once I pointed the issue out to John, he could not believe people's ability to ask such questions. My students knew how I felt about this and I went up to school to make sure everything was okay with my sub a few days before I was due and she asked the same questions and all my kids made that oh no sound. It was very funny.

As I reflect on my pregnancy with Jayce, I was so worried that I could not love another baby like I loved Henry. How was I going to share my love? How was I going to give equal love to both? How? Then, I saw his sweet, precious face...


and all worries went out the window. There was this whole new world and my eyes and heart were opened to even more love than I thought possible.

These two are my world and they have taught me what unconditional love is.

Our family of 3 becomes 4.

@@@ May/ June 2009 @@@

@@@ July 2009 @@@
@@@ August 2009 @@@
@@@ September 2009 @@@

@@@ October 2009 @@@
@@@ November 2009 @@@
@@@ December 2009 @@@
@@@ January 2010 @@@
@@@ February 2010 @@@
@@@ March 2010 @@@
@@@ April 2010 @@@

I'm One!!

We are so blessed with two wonderful, yet different boys. I count my blessings daily for them and our family. I never realized that so much could happen; all because two people fell in love.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY
JAYCE ROBERT BENTE

2 comments:

SK said...

Happy Birthday Jayce! Mandy he is so adorable, as are both your boys. I can't belive it has already been a year. He has grown so fast!!!

Everyone keeps asking me if I am having twins too. One of my co-workers keep saying it like every day. I want to stab her! :o)

Jeramy, Terrie, Eli, and Aiden said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday Jayce!