Letters to my darlings:

Monday, April 5, 2010

Giving "Not Me Monday" a Whirl...

Okay, so there is this great blog titled MckMama, she has wonderful ideas and interesting posts. She has this tradition "Not Me Monday", where you recap your week of the crazy, imperfect unintentional things you do as a parent. Life is crazy, add kids and a husband and it is chaotic wonderful. We all have those moments in our personal lifes and at work as well (at least I do). I believe you have to embrace these moments, admit you can't be perfect all of the time and then laugh about them. You cannot always take life seriously; you need to laugh at yourself every once in a while.Not much happened this week and hopefully they will get better as I continue to write Not Me Mondays, but I told myself I am going to try. Here I go...


  • I did not-not trust my husband in his abilities to get Henry's teeth brushed in the morning. So, I certainly did not tell HB that when he starts Kindergarten; that they would check his teeth at the door and if he hadn't brushed them that morning, then he could not go to school. I would never do anything like that to get my almost 5 year old to brush his teeth. Never.
  • I did not make a teeth brushing chart with stickers and I did not bribe him with a "big" toy if he filled up most of the squares. (I heart stickers)
  • I did not listen to my husband when he suggested that we sneak out of the bedroom window to hide Easter eggs. I did not make my self look silly actually crawling ungracfully out the window.
  • I did not hurt myself trying to get out of the window and I did not have a scrape the length of my jaw line. I certainly did not, who does that?
  • I did not clean out my closet this weekend and I certainly did not go overboard. (I have nothing to wear!)
  • I did not accidentally elbow HB in the face last week (he is getting tall) and I did not tell him he was fine, to be tough.I did not feel guilty enough to try and displace the blame. *blush*
  • I did not make my to-do list so incredibly long that it is impossible to conquer all the task while working full-time and taking care of 2 precious little ones. Nope, not me...
Okay, my first round of Not me Mondays. Hope you enjoyed and don't forget to keep scrolling down and check out the Easter Pictures!!!

No comments: