Letters to my darlings:

Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Week of Summer!!

*SIGH*
I heart summer. I don't mean because I don't have to work (though that is a plus); I love summer because I get to be a full time Mom. I love it. It is so amazing to spend time with my boys. Though we are a little sad because this is John's busy time (as if they have slowed down in the past 3 years), but it really is me and the boys.

We were at karate the other night and I was so offended by one of the stay-at-home-moms, I realize it is not an easy task, I do that even if it is for a short time, but some of these women have issues, I am saying SOME, because I have some great friends that are SAHMs. Back to why I was so offended, she knows I am a teacher because she has talked to me about how in about 4 years her husband is going to make her work. (just from that line, I think you have met a woman like this at least once in your life), so she sees me and she ask me "How is your summer going? Or is it hard on you?" Me:(giving her a I-want-to-pull-your-hair out look) Uh, no I don't see why I would not like being off and with my children. Her: Oh, well, I mean your not use to taking care of the boys full time, so I thought you might find it hard. (Is she wanting me to agree here?) Me: Ya, no problems here, I have the taking care of kids things down. Considering I can handle 140 teenagers everyday, I believe I got this parenting stuff down, most of the time...Her: That's good, oh, so in so has to go to the bathroom, I'll be back. Me: Take your time. REALLY, did I just have that conversation. Some people have no clue or tact.

Okay, my rant is over. Sorry. ;) We had a great week, we kind of found a routine, get up when you want, eat breakfast and then get out and go do something. Nap/swim/work-out. Play, eat dinner, bath, play/clean up house, bedtime. Nothing to it. The boys' had their well baby/child check-ups today. Henry is right on track, Jayce same, he was not a happy camper though with shots and a finger prick. He has slept a lot today.

Here are some pictures from the week:

On Henry's last day of school he was asked to draw what he wanted to do this summer. This is the result. The break-down: 1. Wants to go fishing at the beach (thus the blue squigglies (water) Orange (sand) and the hook stick figure (Henry fishing.) 2. A picnic (the orange grid with a black rectangle and circle.) 3. Swimming: (blue cylinder) and 4. The park, self explainatory! I LOVE THIS!!
My little Tatar Tot out for the night.
Mommy/Son Pic
It's starting, Henry frustrated because Jayce is crawling on his puzzle.
Henry gathering grasshopers/Crickets
J-Man very excited about picking out rocks and moving them!
Henry not frustrated anymore...
Jayce being very proud of himself.
And happy campers again!!

Week 1 is under our belts, again, summer can always take its sweet time. We still have many things we want to enjoy. Hope everyone has a spectacular summer. You will be hearing from us soon. ;)
XOXO

2 comments:

jeanna said...

Wow, I can't believe a mom would ask that question to anyone for that matter. Sorry she put us stay-at-home-moms in a bad light! The boys look adorable, so happy to have mom home for the summer.

Ashley said...

Yeah for summer. Those pictures are great and Jayce is getting so big. Let's try and get together this summer.