Letters to my darlings:

Friday, March 18, 2011

1st Annual Bente Vaca

Wow! Is all I can say, we had an absolute blast. Henry was amazing through out the entire trip, did not complain, listened, and enjoyed himself to the fullest. Jayce on the other hand, struggled with being off his routine schedule. He was a bit too young to travel like we did, but we still had a wonderful time. Especially in Colorado thanks to Our wonderful friends Tarrah and Ronny Brown! Love you guys and miss you already. I cannot even start to decipher through the many pictures that were taken, but I will do my best to show only the great pictures, but you might want to grab a cup of coffee and get comfortable.

This was our first morning in a hotel, isn't that just precious!?
We made this stop in OK, Henry and his Pa-Pa are in to petrified wood (or as Henry calls it Pepperide Wood!)
Jayce was ready for cruising (for a little bit that is...)

 

We saw so many windmills, it was neat to see a blade up close.
We were on this 70 miles of no service stretch, we saw snow on the side of the road and decided to take a snowball break!!
Our first view of the mountains!
We met at The Brown Household and picked up Tarrah & Kyle and then met Ronny in Denver and off to Estes Park we went!

This was the next day, it was so cool!
Our view from our cottage!
Henry ready to go sledding!

Jayce and I sledding!
Henry & John having a blast!

Okay, we need to pause for a second, this one is for you Tarrah! ;) So, early Saturday morning I am awakened by that terrible nauseated feeling, the next thing I know I am sick for the next 3 hours. By the time everyone woke from their slumber, I had nothing left in me. I say food poisoning, they say altitude sickness; we will never really know, I believe it was a combination. I was DETERMINED to have fun, so 11,000 feet later I am trying to sled and climb the hill, it got the better of me and I decided I needed to lay down, so I did. Tarrah thought it would be fun to capture the moment, too bad she made me look like I have no head!! Some old lady gave me some dramamine (man I was glad it was dramamine, because I did not even hesitate!) and prayed over me and by the next day I was as good as new, but it was rough and I was soooo worried I was going to be sick the entire time!

Henry made the comment "Man! I could live here!" Now that I am home and it is 80 and muggy, I am starting to agree with him!

That evening it started really snowing, what an amazing scene!


The boys! What a motley crew!! Jayce is like a flashback from the 80s! The sun glasses are a whole other story!
I love this picture of Henry and Kyle, this is about the age that Tarrah and I met and we became friends for life!!
Our view the next morning!
With me feeling better, lots of water, and dramamine, I was ready for some sledding. I have to admit that brought the kid out in me, I had so much fun, I am ready for the next trip!

Where is Jayce you may be asking yourself?? He freaked when he saw the snow the next day, Aunt Tarrah was kind enough to watch the little rascal in the warming hut! This is one in a sequence of pictures that Tarrah took, there was a family in the warming hut eating and Jayce was making his way closer to them. He has the same look in every picture, he is just in a different position. (Can I have some please??)

Family snow picture!
We finally got Jayce to wear his beanie!

We decided to stay one more day in CO, Tarrah and family live in Colorado Springs, she took us sight seeing. First stop: Garden of the Gods. This is an amazing place and there were tons of pictures, I picked the best for the blog!

I love this picture of the 3 boys!
Jayce found his shadow! It was amusing!

Then, we went to a park so the kiddos could burn some energy!
Who knew after all these years, we would be taking this picture! I love you Tarrah, you are my oldest friend and I am so grateful that we still keep in touch. It was so neat to spend this time with you and your family. Here is to many more years!!

After we left CO, the trip got a bit chaotic, I think Jayce was sick and tired of being in a car and not being home with his stuff. We made it to Santa Fe, NM then went to Lubbock by that morning, Jayce melted down and we drove 10 hours straight home!! These were the best pictures after that!

Somewhere in NM!

This pretty much sums up NM for us!

Hello home!!!!


It was a wonderful trip and I am so thankful that all went smoothly. Thanks again to the Brown Family for taking us around CO and giving us the full experience. Can't wait to see what we do on vaca #2!! Ha!

2 comments:

pastor justin said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! CO is a fun place.

jeanna said...

that last post was from me, not Justin!