Letters to my darlings:

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Riding his first bike!!!

We had a few first today that I had to share. He got a little Radio Fyler Tricycle for his birthday last year and today was the first day that he rode it all by himself!!! Yea! Henry, he did not want to get off, until Daddy started the boat of course!! He also received his first bloody nose today. He was riding his Jeep around and ran smack dab into the slide,at the same time his little nose hit the top of the windsheild and all I heard was crying. The nothing but blood dripping down his face. It was hard as a mom not to flip out, but I was proud of myself, stayed calm, called for John's help and it stopped fairly quickly. We are in Day 5 of wearing big boy underwear, we had a rough day yesterday, but the other 4 days have been going smoothly. I am just being consistent as possible and he is getting better. Henry's only problem is he acts like he is going to miss out on so much, just to stop and use the potty. Wow, it is on mid-January and two more first under our belts, I cannot wait to see what else this year has in store for our family. Have a great week everyone!!!

1 comment:

jeanna said...

Henry is doing so good riding his bike. We are getting Karis a bike for her birthday next week, she already has a scooter and rides it very well. I know about blood, Karis fell of the risers at church last year and hit her chin. It bled pretty bad and we almost had to get stiches, she has a nice scar on her chin.