Letters to my darlings:

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Officially on Burn Out...

What is it about April that makes you not want to work? Is it just me? Is it a teacher thing? Or does everyone feel hesitation about going to work this time of year? Is it the pollen? Regardless, I am sitting here in class, my students are reading a novel, their fine and I am done. I mean as in turkey, done, finished. I have one student procrastinating so bad he is throwing two pens up in the air and trying to catch them with both hands, one is staring into space yawning, and of course all others are working and using their time wisely, BUT I feel like the two that are off task. Pfff! Plus, I am hungry. I believe a part of me wants to be a stay at home mom, but I can bet you a lot of money, I secretly like working, just more on my terms. Don't get me wrong, this is the job for me, I love it.  If I had the days to take off, I might not be here today. Maybe that is it, Henry and I were sick so much at the beginning of the year, that when I started spring semester, I had 2 1/2 days left. Blah. I'm on burn out, it just started earlier than usual this year. It is not a good feeling and with no more holidays until summer, Lord help me. I get frustrated with the kids, but who can blame them, if I am feeling like this, they are surely feeling a bit off track. I have a Subway in my fridge calling my name.(see what I mean) Back on topic, sorry I don't mean to rant, I am just amazed at my lack of motivation all of a sudden. Not that I will do my job with less effort, you know me, I go at it a 100%, it is just taking me longer than usual to get there... I am just ready for summer, I am definitley not the year round worker.

*sigh*

What do you think? Is it this time of year?
XOXO

4 comments:

Bri Kutter said...

LOL well I don't think that was meant to be funny. But it sure cracked me up because I am one room over reading your blog and trying to motivate myself to make a to-do list! Yes, it is this time of year. Yes, there are days were I wish I could stay home. Yes, I am starting to pull into the parking lot in the morning and just sigh while I give myself a pep talk for the day. Yes, Yes, Yes. I think it is April. The hope that it will be a sunny day and the knowing that in 8 weeks we will have summer! To let you know how BORED I am, I googled Jane Austen during second and read her biography!! lol I am ashamed and humored all at the same time. Love you girl, we are going to make it!!

Shirley said...

Hang in there, Mandy! I think everyone goes through times like that - I'm going through it right now too! I think it's because winter was so long this year - we all just want to be out in the beautiful weather before it's 100 degrees! Love you, Aunt Shirley

jeanna said...

Yes, it is all of the above. I too feel the same way being at home, kids go outside, please! Look on the bright side, you get to see me very soon!

kristyo15 said...

Um...did you crawl inside of my brain? My thoughts exactly! Don't ever look at the times of my blog posts because more than half of them are during class! LOL. We can make it! :)